NIIN is a very new nicotine pouch brand which very few people know about at this stage. At the time of writing, they haven’t gone nationwide, but you can get them online still (see below).
NIIN nicotine pouches have a nice design, offer comfortable portions (either 3mg or 6mg), have a steady nicotine delivery, a reasonable flavor longevity (around 30 minutes) and are reasonably moist.
What flavors are available with NIIN nicotine pouches?
- Cool mint
- Citrus chill
Where can you buy NIIN nicotine pouches?
You can get NIIN nicotine pouches on the official website for the company, but as they’re available on BNB Tobacco, I recommend buying them on BNB Tobacco. With them you know you’re getting a fast and reliable shipment.
Rush is a new nicotine pouch brand made for the US market, though they’re produced in India. The company behind them is Alternative Nicotine Technologies, which is also behind Fre nicotine pouches and 2One nicotine pouches.
Here’s what they look like:
Rush nicotine pouches come in 3mg strength and 7mg strength.
At the time of writing, Rush nicotine pouches come in these flavors:
With only 4 flavors available that’s a bit less than most of the bigger brands.
What should you know about Rush?
- The flavor (no matter which flavor you get) can be expected to last around 30 to 40 minutes
- Rush pouches are just a little bit sweet. Nothing overpowering.
- Some flavors, like the cinnabuzz, can be a little bit spicy as well. But again… nothing too overpowering. You may not even notice it.
- Rush pouches are semi-dry.
- Portions are slim
Should you try Rush nicotine pouches?
Sure. Rush is a reasonable brand and no worse than others, in my opinion. You may be able to find a more suitable brand for you if you have some specific needs (have a read through my comparisons if you like).
Where can you buy Rush nicotine pouches?
From BNB Tobacco, one of my favorite online stores for buying nicotine pouches.
NIC-S (pronounced “nix”) is a very new nicotine pouch currently available on Nicokick:
Like many other nicotine pouches, NIC-S is made in Sweden, but it available to Americans on Nicokick. Currently NIC-S has 5 flavors:
- Fresh mint
- Mixed berry (pictured)
- Spiced cinnamon
- Sweet orange
And comes in 3 sizes:
One of the interesting things about NIC-S is they use a pine resin packaging which is much more environmentally friendly than other brands.
What can I say about NIC-S?
- NIC-S has a nice, natural flavor (testing the sweet orange flavor). It feels fresh.
- You can expect the flavor to last about 40 minutes
- Like with other nicotine pouches, first-time nicotine pouch users should start with the lowest strength first (3mg). Try the 9mg if you’re a heavy smoker or you use nicotine pouches a lot.
- The pouches feel soft.
- The pouches are slightly smaller than other brands.
- You get a steady nicotine delivery.
Is NIC-S recommended?
NIC-S is another good brand that Nicokick offers, and they’re worth trying. The flavor is good, they last a long time, and I haven’t seen any quality issues. The only thing slightly negative about NIC-S is that the pouches are a little smaller.
Rogue nicotine pouches are a relatively new line of nicotine pouches launched by Swisher (a company in control of several different brands). Here’s what they look like:
Rogue nicotine pouches are available on my favorite store, Nicokick, and have several differences to other brands like Zyn and on!.
What’s unique about Rogue
- Rogue comes in just two strengths, 3mg and 6mg. This is unlike other brands like on! that have a much wider range of strengths, starting at just 1mg.
- Some people have reported that Rogue burns your gums, but most people speak positively of it and say it is moist.
- Rogue comes in a few different flavors, but the most popular one now is mango, pictured above. This is a very unique flavor that other brands don’t offer. And most people say it’s delicious — like eating a real mango! Very sweet.
- There’s no nicotine salt in Rogue pouches, and so the nicotine is released slower.
- Like other pouches, Rogue definitely has less of a “kick” than Zyn, which has the reputation as the strongest nicotine pouch. 6mg of Rogue will be weaker than 6mg of Zyn.
- Perhaps the best thing about Rogue is its price, as at the time of writing they’re super-cheap on Nicokick.
Is Rogue recommended?
Rogue is definitely a worthy contender to other brands, and I recommend trying them (especially if you’re budget-conscious and like mango, because they do that flavor very well).
Nicokick (nicokick.com) is my favorite place to buy nicotine pouches, and I always recommend people go with them if it’s their first time trying nicotine pouches. Here’s why:
- Ships to 25+ countries
- Over 160,000 customers
- Sells close to 1 million cans per month
- Stocks my favorite 3 nicotine pouches (on!, Zyn and Frē)
- Low prices and frequent discounts
- Fast support and shipping
At the time of writing, Nicokick has ~300 reviews on Trustpilot with the vast majority (over 80%) being 5 star. That matches my experience pretty well.
As of 2020, Lyft is to be sold under Velo – see our Velo review for how good Velo is. In Sweden and Denmark, Velo was sold under the brand name of Lyft, but now the parent company of Velo/Lyft is preparing to consolidate these two brands so everything is sold as Velo (see this article: Velo replaces Lyft). You can consider Lyft and Velo to be the same thing now.
As mentioned in our Velo review, Velo is a big brand, but it doesn’t have a great reputation among nicotine pouch connoisseurs because of its toughness and lack of flavor. As there are plenty of different (and good) nicotine pouch brands these days, you shouldn’t waste time on sub-optimal ones, and therefore you may be better going with something else.
Dryft is made in Sweden and is available in the USA. Here’s what they look like:
Dryft comes in 2mg, 4mg or 7mg packages (pictured). The distinguishing features of these compared to other brands is that they are small and dry. So dry that you might feel like they are going to grate on your gums a little bit (though it should get more comfortable after a couple minutes and you have some of your saliva on them), and the 2mg pouches are smaller than any other brand you’ll probably ever see.
It’s also worth mentioning that a small minority of people report that Dryft pouches often have loose white powder in the can, so there have been some minor quality control issues before.
The flavor of Dryft should last about 30 minutes.
What flavors does Dryft come in?
- Black cherry
- Dragon Fruit
Is Dryft recommended?
Dryft is a decent product and something worth trying if you like experimenting with different nicotine pouches, but I wouldn’t consider them the best on the market considering their dryness.
Velo claims to be the #1 nicotine pouch in Scandinavia, and was founded by the R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company which started in 2012. Like Zyn, it originated in Sweden, but is now sold in many countries including the USA. Here’s what it looks like:
Velo tends to come in 4mg to 6mg packages, but two of its flavors have a lot more nicotine. These are the Ice Cool flavor with 10mg, and the Freeze flavor with 11mg. But the amount of nicotine in these pouches is not necessarily an indication of how powerful they are! Zyn, for example, has a 6mg package, but it’s vastly stronger and will hit you harder than a 6mg package of Velo. The consensus on Velo, in fact, is that it’s quite light, and people say they can’t even feel the 4mg one. It’s also often said that the flavor of Velo barely lasts, and the pouches are very hard.
What flavors does Velo come in?
- Ruby Berry
- Urban Vibe
- Polar Mint
- Tropic Breeze
- Ice Cool
Is Velo recommended?
Velo is a reputable brand, but it doesn’t have a great reputation overall for these reasons (as listed above):
- Very little taste, and you may feel like the nicotine is not reaching you
- Very hard
- Reported to not last long (possibly only around 15 minutes)
Therefore, you can try Velo if it’s what’s most convenient for you to get, but if you have access to other brands, you’ll probably be able to get something better.
Zyn is a Swedish-based brand under the umbrella of the company Swedish Match, a large snus company founded way back in 1915. Zyn was one of the pioneers of the nicotine pouch market, and with the backing of Swedish Match, is one of the most successful and widely known brands of nicotine pouches. I also really like their mission and belief that cigarettes are toxic, and there should be better ways of enjoying nicotine without smoking.
Here’s what Zyn looks like (picturing their cool mint flavor):
The 6mg package of Zyn (picture above) is strong, so be warned that if you’re a light smoker or coming from snus, you may find it overpowering because it gets into your bloodstream so quickly. There are many people who are used to taking 8mg nicotine doses of snus with no problem, but who were surprised to find that taking a 6mg Zyn knocked them off their feet (figuratively speaking).
So, know that the distinguishing feature of Zyn is that it hits hard and fast. Zyn is also available in 3mg pouches, but even these can hit you hard.
There are 15 nicotine pouches in each package of Zyn, as shown.
- Cool Mint (basically just methanol – avoid)
The first 3 flavors here (spearmint, peppermint and wintergreen) are all mint flavors and it’s up to personal preference which one you get. Citrus is probably the safest option if it’s your first time. The coffee is alright, but doesn’t taste all that much like real coffee.
Can I recommend Zyn?
I recommend Zyn to people who want a hard hit of nicotine and aren’t new to smoking, vaping and related activities. Not advised for to try for your very first nicotine pouch, but give it a shot if you’ve tried other brands and want something to give you more of a rush.
Where to buy Zyn
Zyn is available on Nicokick and BnB Tobacco. I recommend buying from Nicokick.
On! Nicotine Pouches are a popular brand that looks like this:
On! nicotine pouches are square, unlike most pouches that are round, and they’re quite slim. That makes them quite easy to fit in your pocket. The reason the packaging is smaller than other brands is because on! pouches themselves are smaller than most other brands.
On! comes in the following strengths:
- 1mg of nicotine (with 1 dot on the packaging)
- 2mg of nicotine (with 2 dots on the packaging)
- 3mg of nicotine (with 3 dots on the packaging)
- 4mg of nicotine (with 4 dots on the packaging)
- 8mg of nicotine (with 8 dots on the packaging)
The 1, 2 or 3mg versions of on! are perfect for newcomers to nicotine pouches. If you’re a heavy smoker and rely on nicotine a lot, you may find that it doesn’t have much effect on you, and therefore you may be better with another brand or trying the 8mg version if you’re looking for more nicotine. But on! in its low nicotine volumes is perfect if you’re just a light smoker OR if you’re a non-smoker and are curious about trying nicotine pouches for the first time.
No matter what version of on! you get, there are 20 pouches per package.
What flavors do on! nicotine pouches come in?
- Citrus (a clean lemon smell – this is perhaps the most popular flavor for newcomers)
- Mint (a clean and airy taste that isn’t at all overpowering)
- Berry (very fruity)
- Coffee (delicious – actually smells and tastes like real coffee)
Are there any downsides with on! nicotine pouches?
Some people have reported that on! nicotine pouches are dry, but no more than other brands.
On! nicotine pouches – the verdict
With a range of strengths and nice flavors, on! is a great brand to try, and they have one of the best reputations in the nicotine pouch market.
Where to buy on!
I recommend getting on! on Nickokick, my preferred store for nicotine pouches.